Magic by Ecology
"There are many things that can be
done in spiritual realms to help bring about solutions to the world's problems:
* We can kindle spiritual friendships
with other life forms through communication with Nature Spirits, who can be teachers for us and allies in bringing about planetary
* We can do daily meditations in
which we creatively visualize the spiritual body of the planet glowing with radiant healing light.
* We can organize and/or take part
in ecumenical planetary prayer services and rituals with practitioners of other spiritual paths and cultures.
* We can honor Mother Earth as an
aspect of the divine in our solo and group rituals.
* We can send Mother Earth our love
and pray for planetary health each time we visit a stone circle, sacred grove, and place of power, temple, shrine or other
* We can do spiritual healing magic
for the planet in our circles.
It is important to reinforce whatever
spiritual work we do with physical action. There are a variety of ways to do this and you should decide on at least one approach
and then carry it out. Here are a few examples:
* Recycle trash from your household,
take paper, plastics, glass, aluminum cans, and other recyclables to recycling centers.
* Recycle clothes and no longer needed
household items by donating them to charities to distribute to the needy.
* Join and actively participate in
environmental action groups.
* Write government officials and
urge them to take specific actions on specific environmental issues, such as stopping all ocean dumping.
* Write letters and articles for
publications about the need for environmental preservation.
* Plant trees as part of reforestation
* Compost food scraps.
* Stop buying and using non-bio-degradable
* Boycott products from companies
that are destroying the Amazon rainforest.
* Pick up cigarette butts and other
non-biodegradable litter from parks and other wilderness areas.
* Donate money to nature preserves.
* Give talks at schools, civic groups,
churches and in other places in your area about ecological issues.
* Read publications, view films,
and attend presentations in order to keep informed about ecological conditions and to learn about additional ways you can
work for planetary healing.
* Conserve electricity, water and
other resources on a daily basis.
* Network with others.
© Making Magic for Planet Earth,
written by Selena Fox for Circle Network News